Lent fail

After my last post I decided to challenge myself. I don't want to be reliant on caffeine to keep me alive and moving - I have more respect for myself that than, do I not?! So I made a decision post my last pancake on shrove Tuesday that I would give up chocolate, tea AND coffee for lent. 40 days. How hard could it be?
1 x a 4-day-long headache and 15x random falling asleep in the middle of the day and I decided it was just a bit too hard. I don't think I am ready for a life without caffeine :( I also put on about 7lbs because the sugar cravings were so strong. I didn't know what do do with myself in an evening when I'd normally make a cup of tea...so I did cake. After 4 days the headaches were easing off... but I decided I wasn't prepared to become a tired and fat person so I would put the kettle on and give up sweets instead.
Something good happened though. I had a cup of tea and an evening coffee that day. At 4am when all the world was fast asleep...I was buzzing. This had never happened to me before. Before this I could down 3 coffees and go strait to bed and sleep zzzzzzz. I think there is a part of me that must have mended in that 10th of lent I just managed. :-)  I am on a happy balance of restricted caffeine intake. Plus that 7lbs has already left me - phew!

Comments

Popular Posts